Feature of the Month: How to File a Post-General Report
The Post-General Report for the 2018 cycle is due on December 6 and covers the period from October 18 through November 26. If you filed a Pre-General Report, you will also need to file a Post-General Report. Below are a few helpful reminders that should make it easier to complete your reports in CrimsonFiler.
Update Election Information
1. In CrimsonFiler, create a new Form3. Enter the dates that the Post-General covers. In this case, it would be October 18 – November 26.
3. Column C will appear in their summary pages.
Raised Money After Election Day? Separate Your Cycle Aggregates.
The Post-General report includes a period that covers two cycle periods (i.e. 2018 and 2020). Any funds raised after Election Day must be applied to the next cycle, so the Post-General report includes a crossover of the two reporting periods. To file the report, you need to ensure that aggregate totals are also separated by cycle.
1. Create your report in CrimsonFiler.
3. Select the Fund Codes (Ex: P2018, G2018) from the first cycle (i.e. 2018) and click the
4. When asked, “How do you want to import records?” select Replace.
5. A confirmation message will appear telling you how many records were imported from Crimson. Click on the Ok.
7. Select the second cycle’s Fund Codes (Ex: P2020, G2020), click on the OK. When asked, “How do you want to import records?” select “Append.”
8. A confirmation message will tell you how many records were appended during the import from Crimson. Select the Ok button.
9. Recalculate your report and review your data as you would with any other report.
Retired Debt after the election?
If you received any donations after the election to retire debt, you will need to combine the old and new cycles together in your report.
To capture the correct aggregate for this, you would pull the old fund codes and new fund codes together. Make sure to review the new Debt Retirement guide to see how to use those features in Crimson. If you have any questions about those features, please contact the Crimson Support Team at [email protected].